4 Books

Only four??! Fine. Just know this is very, very far from a full list of my favorite books. I love to read and I prefer these oldies but goodies:

1. Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson. Adventure! Intrigue! Pirates! That Rob Louie has mad storytelling skills.

2. Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen. Katherine is one of my favorite literary characters and not just because of her name. She is an avid reader with an overactive imagination. Of all Jane's novels, I adore the lighthearted milieu and hint if mystery in Northanger.

3. The Master and Margarita - Mikhail Bulgakov. This historical satire was actually banned in the USSR for its shocking frankness about corruption and the government. It is extremely whimsy and fast paced a la Alice in Wonderland, and if you read this make sure it has ample footnotes. The book is exponentially better if you can reference the events and people Mikhail capriciously ridiculed.

4. Flappers and Philosophers - F. Scott Fitzgerald. This is the book I am currently reading and so far so good. Francis' flappers are always so simultaneously aloof and vulnerable. I am thinking Ardita, the main chica, is about to get herself into some trouble. No spoilers!