PhD = Please.help.Decide

Lately I've been thinking I may seriously want to get a PhD instead of going to law school. Everyone knows I love school - probably too much. My rough plan is that I will apply to PhD programs for fall 2012 (applications would be due this coming December), and then if no one wants me I will take a year to work and study for the dumb LSAT (aka my biggest reservation about law school) and then do law school instead. Thoughts?

Pros:
PhD students don't pay tuition! Law students do
Law school is super competitive - I am not
Once in a PhD program, you do your own thing
Teaching while in program, and usually can find some teaching job after
No LSAT!!
Not having classes with people annoyingly younger than me

Cons:
4 years minimum instead of 3, can take longer
PhD programs are competitive to get into
Law school is very focused and structured but PhD programs aren't
It helps to be published...which I'm not yet
GRE scores still apply for PhD applications- my scores are 'aight' but not the greatest ever
Only schools that have the programs I want are kinda intimidating - i.e. Columbia, Yale, NYU, Tulane, and George Washington